Emre Arolat received the award on October 2, 2015 in Verona where he delivered a speech on the architectural philosophy of Sancaklar Mosque.The award ceremony was held in Verona during 50th Marmomac, the most important International Exhibition of Marble, Design and Construction Technology which promotes the 14th Edition of International Award Architecture in Stone where the best construction culture relating the stone materials language is promoted for the last twenty years.
Arata Isozaki, Rafael Moneo, Herzog&de Meuron, Peter Zumthor, Alberto Campa Baeza, Aldo Rossi, Carlo Scarpa, James Stirling, Alvaro Siza, Dimitris Pikionis, Jorn Utzon, Kengo Kuma, Frank Gehry, Hans Hollein and Snohetta were among the names that were awarded in the past editions.
This year the selected projects are awarded:
– EAA-Emre Arolat Architecture / Sancaklar Mosque / İstanbul, Turkey
– David Chipperfield Architects / Museo Jumex / Mexico City, Mexico
– Max Dudler+Atelier WW/ High-rise ensemble Hagenholzstrasse / Zurich, Switzerland
– Henegan Peng Architects / Giant’s Causeway Center / Antrium, Northern Ireland
– Perraudin Architectes / Massive Stone Social Housing / Cornebarrieu, France
A prestigious book in two languages (Italian-English) is also published to illustrate these projects in terms of language, aesthetic-architectural quality and materials technology.